Tuesday, January 4, 2011

State Id Templates Free

IN THE ATTIC, COLLABORATION OF AUGUST Derleth. (PART 3)


III
never would have known of the "star" of not having accidentally found with it. My cousin had written repeatedly about 'doing', 'break', 'build' and 'destroy' the star, as necessary to their views, but this reference made no sense to me, and would likely continue with no sense of not having opportunity to look for on the ground, in the dim light in the attic of the round window: the marks on the ground formed a five-pointed star. This was not previously visible, since a large rug covered the floor, but the carpet had been displaced during the transfer of books and papers to the Library of Miskatonic University, and by chance was the bare soil.

Even then I did not fall in that trade marks could represent a star. Until I finished my work with books and papers and moved the entire carpet, leaving bare the center of the room, it appeared to me the entire design. Then I saw was a five-pointed star, decorated with ornamental designs, of a size that allowed to draw from inside the attic. I realized at once that it was why it was in the room of my cousin a box of chalk whose usefulness had not understood before. I pushed books, papers and everything else aside. I got a chalk and started to draw the outline of the star and all the interior decorations. It was undoubtedly a cabalistic design, and there was no other option, for those who drew them to sit inside.

So after completing the drawing, according to the marks left by frequent reconstructions, I sat inside. Very probably expected something to happen, but was confused with my cousin annotations regarding the disposal of each design time was threatened. Recalled that in cabalistic rituals was the destruction of those designs that brought the danger of physical invasion. However, nothing happened. Only a few minutes I remembered "words." Had copied them, and got up to look. Returned and pronounced;

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

Suddenly there was an extraordinary phenomenon. Staring at the round window of the south wall, I could see everything that happened. The frosted glass window became transparent y me encontré, sorprendido, contemplando un paisaje bañado por el sol, aunque era de noche, algunos minutos después de las nueve de una noche de finales de verano en el Estado de Massachusetts. Pero el paisaje que apareció en el cristal no podía encontrarse en ningún sitio de Nueva Inglaterra: una tierra árida de piedras arenosas, de vegetación desértica, de cavernas y, en el fondo, montañas con nieve en las cimas. Ese mismo paisaje había sido descrito más de una vez en las notas crípticas de mi primo.

Dirigí mi vista fascinada hacia este paisaje, con la mente confusa. Parecía haber vida en el paisaje que yo miraba, y aprehendí one to one aspect: the rattlesnake climb sinuously and almond-eyed hawk starting to rise. This allowed me to observe that it was not long before sunset, as the reflection of light in the hawk's chest so indicated. All characters prosaic, the Gila monster, the American Southwest Runner-composed what I was witnessing. Where developed, then the scene? "In Arizona? "In New Mexico?

But events continued to occur without any reference point in the unknown land. The snake and Gila monster disappeared, the hawk fell as a lead and came up with a snake in its talons, the roadrunner is joined to another. The sunlight was gone, and the whole scene became a landscape of great beauty. Then, from the mouth of one of the largest cave bats emerged, came flying from the dark cave thousands of bats in flight, and I seemed to hear them. I do not know how long it took to fly and fly off into the sunset. Just disappeared when something came up, a kind of human being, human being rough skin, like the desert he had been embedded in the surface of your body, with abnormally large eyes and ears. He looked emaciated, with marked ribs through the skin, but most repellent was his face, similar to the Australian called koala bear. And I remembered that my cousin had called these people, because others appeared behind the first, some of them females, the People of the Arena.

came from the cave. Blinked his big eyes. Soon appeared in greater numbers, and distributed all over the bushes. So hurry, an incredible monster made its appearance: first a tentacle, or something, then another, and now half a dozen of them cautiously exploring outside the cave. And then from the darkness of the pit the cave, half-emerged a terrible head. Suddenly, to propel themselves forward, almost screamed in horror. The face was a monstrous disfigurement of the known world: rising from a body without a neck that was a mass of gelatinous flesh, the sight seemed gum, and adorning the tentacles out of a body part could be the lower jaw or an apparent neck.

also had a perception that smart thing, because from the beginning seemed to be aware of my presence. Crawling from the cave, he fixed his eyes on me, and began to move with incredible speed towards the window on the increasingly dark landscape. I guess I was not realizing the true danger, as he watched entranced and just when things started to cover the entire landscape, when one of its tentacles reaching the window - and crossed! - Only then experienced the paralysis of fear.

The crossed! Was this, then highlight the hallucination?

remember breaking the chill of fear for long enough to take off one shoe and throw it with all my strength to the glass of the window. At the same time, he recalled the frequent quotations my cousin on the destruction of the star. I leaned forward and erased part of the design. And as he heard the sound of glass breaking, I immersed myself in a blessed darkness.

know now what I knew my cousin.

If I had not waited so long, I could have avoided knowledge of everything, could have followed on wishful thinking or hallucinations. But now I know that the round window was a powerful gateway to other dimensions, space and time unknown, a gateway to a landscape that Wilbur Akeley wanted to find the key secrets of these places earth and space, the stars in the subjects of the Great Old Ones - and the Old Ones themselves! - hide forever, waiting to emerge again. The Leng-glass perhaps came from the Hyades, because I never knew where he got my cousin could turn within its framework, was not subject to the laws of physics except for the fact that his address to the rhythm of the movement varied of the earth on its axis. And not to have broken, have been dropped on earth the scourge of these other dimensions, because of my ignorance and my curiosity.

And now I know that models of the drawings made by my cousin, in his annotations, no matter how rough they were, representing beings existed and were not products of his imagination. The climactic final test proves it. Bats found in the house when I regained consciousness could have entered through the broken window. Opaque glass that had turned translucent could be explained as an optical illusion. But I knew something else. I know without doubt that what I saw there was a product of a fantasy, because nothing could destroy that terrible ordeal which I found near the broken glass on the floor of the attic: a piece of tentacle, ten feet long , who had been trapped between dimensions when the door is closed against the monstrous body to which he belonged. The tentacle that no scientist had been identified as belonging to any known creature, living or dead, on the surface or in the subterranean depths of the earth!

0 comments:

Post a Comment